Duncan Banks of Melbourne, Australia would like to take you on a strange journey...

Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Final Destination!

Thialand, Phuket...
Hot, humid, crazy, weird, beautiful, seedy, unique, fun, sad and...... On my return flight home to Melbourne, i thought it would be a good idea to get some more sun and water and stop off in Thailand for 7 days and head to Phuket. Thinking it would be pretty much like Bali without waves, i was about right but just add in the seedy bit. Arriving late at night and finding a hotel, i thought i would have a brief walk around town to see what i am up for. Lets just say when i went to bed that night, I was well and truely thinking of leaving Phuket and heading to another island. Being a young striking single man, i was mobbed by thai ladies wanting to love me "long time"! It was overwhelming. I could not walk down the busy streets as i was surrounded by Thai girls trying to hold me back, kiss me, pull my pants down...anything to get me to stop. They saw some fresh meat on the market that wasn't some old dirty german guy and wanted it.

That night, i was, well i will just do day stuff. So I booked my scuba diving and island hoping tours for the next couple of days.

The scenary in Thailand was amazing. All the surrounding islands have these unbelievable limestime cliffs sticking out of the water in prestine clear warm water abundant with coral and sea life. I did a couple of dives and a day island hoping on a tour.

Heading off to diving destination 1. Rachi Rachi

Rachi Rachi

Determined not to be beaten, i headed out with some South Africans dudes i met on the diving trip. We had a awesome night which gave me some faith for the future night life!

Beach from the movie "The Beach"


Cheeky monkeys


Limestones cliffs. Amazing

Phi Phi Don Port.

The next night i headed to the most exclusive club in Patong..''The Banana". Paying a $10 Aus entry fee, i was hoping to evade the throng of thai girls. Funnily enough, i met these cool Thai girls from Bangkok who were at Phuket for a holiday. They took me under there wing and showed me around the island and the for a few nights out.

Jirayu and A

A was up for a bit of pole Action

Typical bar in Phuket. Yes, every bar had poles and girls dancing around the poles. Classey!

Last evening in Phuket!

Phuket is a strange place. There is such beauty, but around the corner is a seedy scene which kind of leaves you feeling sorry for the people in it. I had a fun time there but I think my asian adventures will be based around indo for the surf.

Off to Melbourne!

3 Comments:

Blogger thr said...

you didn't go and watch professional ping pong?

That's shame. I gather they are quite exepert at it...

thomasr

Sun Nov 12, 11:36:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you mean no surf in thailand?
ok it may only break once every 100 years but when it does i have seen pictures of a 6m barelling Left hander that rips through puket. it even keeps going down the street

Mon Nov 13, 12:38:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just been looking at your latest pics seems like a great place to visit no wonder rodrick likes the place all those young girls wanting to pull your trousers down pity iam to old now
clive

Wed Nov 15, 06:30:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home